Monday 18 March 2013

Everyday Make -Up Routine |

My everyday make up routine is one in which I like to keep as simple as possible. I find that the more I put on, the worse my skin gets. If I'm honest, for everyday I prefer a basic look - it also means that when you do go out and put more effort in, people are more likely to notice! I'm currently really happy with the products I'm using, although I do like switching things up and testing things now and then, these products are currently what is working for me.


My skin is dry to combination, and I hate wearing heavy foundation. To be honest I only began using foundation when I was 17, before that it was all about the tinted moisturiser. Meaning that when I was testing foundations, I went for a light weight and light - medium coverage. And I've found a product that fits this criteria for me. Rimmel Match Perfectiom sweeps over the skin, almost creating a second layer on top of your skin. But don't get me wrong, it's so light that you can't feel it, it just feels like a mosuriser. The coverage is what it says on the bottle, it evens out my skin and reduces any redness I have but doesn't feel cakey or look orange. The shade is also great, once applied to the skin it sinks in and matches the colour of your skin creating no streaks or lines on your jaw line. I think you can tell that I'm in love with this foundation! The packaging is smart too, I like the glass bottle but I can see for people who carry their foundation in their bags that this could be an issue. The pump is also great as one pump is all I need for a full face; I'm head over heels in love with this foundation!


Rimmel Match Perfection SPF 18
in 103 True Ivory

My next everyday obsession is Rimmel Stay Matte powder, a holy grail product for most beauty lovers. If you're in need of a powder that gives a gorgeous finish and doesn't look too heavy on the skin, this is perfect. A dust of this on your T-zone is absolute magic, it transforms my skin and also helps my make up last all day.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
in 004 Sandstorm

Brows. It's all about the brows in my book. I think having neat and tidy brows always finishes off a look and helps frame your bone structure too. My favourite product for this is Rimmel (I promise you this is not sponsored! I just love their products!) Brow Pencil. The reason I love this so much is because unlike a brow ink or brow gel, it leaves a really soft and natural finish. The kohl pencil helps fill in your brows, and the little brush on the end helps comb them through - also fantastic for travelling as you don't need to carry lots of products.
Rimmel Professional Eye Brow Pencil
in Dark Brown

When it comes to concealer I'm alway a little bit hesitant. I get the worse under eye bags and the occasional spot on my fore head so it's a product I can't really leave the house without. After breaking the bank for the Bobbi Brown corrector, I didn't think it was all it was cracked up to be. And then I came across the Natural Collection concealer which is in a liquid format, and at the price of £2 I couldn't say no to trying it. And I'm glad I didn't. Because this covers everything I need it to but doesn't look cakey or heavy, it also moisturisers the skin and because its natural it doesn't make spots worse. Love. It.

Natural Collection CoverUp Cream
in Fair

Now the next product is one I could live without, but its something I enjoy wearing. Benefits Moon Beam has been a staple make up item in my make up bag for years now, I can't get enough of it. It's something I always repurchase, just because of the sun kissed dewy look it gives my cheekbones. It has purple undertones which I can see could annoy some people, but I like this finish as its subtle but adds a little something to your look.

Benefit Moon Beam

My last face product is more of a high end product. Everything about this blush appeals to me- the packaging, the shade, the pigmentation...I could go on! This leaves a cute pop of pink on the cheeks, but doesn't make you look like a clown. It's perfect with every look and all year round and is worth every penny. The mirror inside also makes it easy to travel with, 10/10 from me.


Lancome Blush Subtil
in Rose Sable


Finally on to the eyes. I only use 2 products on my eyes, the first being a liquid liner. After a long quest of trying to find the perfect liner, I have sort of drawn to the end. I say sort of because I don't think I will ever stop searching, but I'm happy with this. It's the Soap & Glory Supercat in black. Its fine almost marker like pen makes application easy and quick, and I'm rubbish at doing my liner! It gives a really strong black line and is great for adding details such as a wing effect.

Soap & Glory Supercat
in Jet Black

The second eye product I use is Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara in black. This product has been repurchased several times; it lengthens my lashes, covers with a decent amount to create a thick black lashing, and the flared brush helps to separate and curl my lashes - basically every thing a girl could want from a mascara!


Maybelline The Falsies Flared
in Black

The last addition in my make up bag is Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. This helps keep my lips nourished, moisturised and prepped for any lip stick I later apply. It has a peppermint flavour and tingles the lips - I don't know if that means its working, but it keeps me satisfied thinking about saying goodbye to my chapped lips. This is my all time favourite lip balm and is never leaving my everyday make up routine, I am hooked.

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Original

While I'm here, I thought I'd mention the brushes I use to apply my everyday make up too- seeing as these are key in my routine. Real Techniques Brushes are great for applying all types of make up; they're super easy to use and make SUCH a difference to how your make up looks on your face. I use the buffing brush to apply my foundation, the contour brush for my blusher and the foundation brush for my concealer. A little bit mix and match but that's what works for me!

Real Techniques Core Collection Brushes


That's everything I apply to my face everyday, as I said before I'm really happy with all these products as they suit all my needs make up wise!

Bea x









No comments:

Post a Comment